Thursday, June 30, 2011

Finn turns 1!

After Will flew in on Saturday, we went to our nephew Finn's 1st birthday party. We were sooo lucky that we were able to be there! He had just learned to walk and was loving his new found mobility. He was standing most of the time we were there and walked back and forth between us on the deck. He is too adorable for words. He wasn't sure about the cake, but he did love all of the new toys he got- especially the ones that made noise:) Grandma and Grandpa O'Brien made him a set of blocks too, which he loved banging together.


Even though we were only there for the weekend, it was great that we were able to see everyone!

In addition to walking, Finn can hang from the gymnastics bar in the backyard all by himself. It is so crazy how strong he is!


Mary made Finn a cake that looked like it was straight out of one of those TLC shows- very beautiful and delicious. And Matt grilled chicken with homemade marinade. Good start to the summer!



It is amazing how much Finn grew and changed in a year. I can't wait to see his personality at 2!


It is also funny to think that we are known to Finn and Lily as Uncle Will and Aunt Kirsten. It is primarily strange when I think about how grown up my Aunt and Uncles were...and that's us now. Weird. It is a so fun to be their aunt and uncle, and we love to pieces!

Lily's birthday was also this month (after we had left), but she is 9 now. It seems like just yesterday she was starting 1st grade in Seattle. She is sooooo smart and fun to talk with!





Remember when you were a kid, and everyone would tell you how you'd grown? After a while it got a little old- yes, I grow....at approximately the same rate as everyone else my age. But when you don't see kids for even a short few months, it is pretty crazy how quickly they change. I will try to hold it in the next time I see the kids, but I am sure I will be tempted to say, "Wow, you have grown so much since last time I saw you!"




No comments: